Re: Who doses the patient?

bobscottchp@juno.com writes:

<<
 At our facility, we administer NaI-131 in capsule form only.
 Administration is performed by the physician in all cases.  The tech
 verifies the dose, prepares the patient, holds the pig with capsule in
 the vial, and then hands the vial without pig to the physician.  The
 physician then administers the dose.  If we inject a therapeutic
 radioactive agent (Sr-89, P-32), the tech prepares the patient with the
 apparatus for injection, checks the activity, prepares the dose, then at
 the time of administration, hands the dose to the physician, who then
 inserts the syringe into the lock mechanism and "pushes the plunger".

Hi Bob,

 So you use capsules even for 150 mCi of NaI131? Must be more than one. There
are pros and cons between capsule and liquid, but my impression is liquid is
easier to drink than to swallow 2 or 3 capsules. It is just we have good
experience with liquid.

Thanks for your reply.

Hoang Nguyen, DABR
RSO, St. Luke's hospital - Bethlehem.