DU vs. Aspartame

I know this may sound a bit weird, but I read a piece by an
epidemiologist that was claiming a link between GWS and
Aspartame (sp?) (e.g., Nutrasweet).

Perhaps some of our Gulf War veterans could comment on the
accuracy of my accounting of the statements made by this
researcher.....

'Seems that above 120 degrees F (49 C), the Aspartame converts to
formaldehyde.  This formaldehyde has been found in the brains of
many lab animals and other research subjects.... and is linked to a
whole litany of ailments... including the ringing in my ears.

This researcher notes that it was common practice to store crates of
sodas in the desert sun where they would exceed 120 F.  'Seems like
'hot sodas' would be a more common mode of exposure than DU.

Has anyone heard similar statements?
v/r
Michael
mford@pantex.com