RE: Micro R meters

On our sites we use a combination of Bicron's micro rem meter and Ludlum
19 micro rad meters.  The Bicron has a nice flat response curve.  However,
in areas of low contamination (ie using the lowest scale) the meter can take
up to 30 seconds for an accurate response.  Unfortunately this means you
can miss things.  So when we survey an unknown site the first person in the
survey group uses a Ludlum 19.  The Ludlum 19 has a very good response
time but a curved energy response.  So when they person with the Ludlum
19 finds contamination a reading is then made with the Bicron and
recorded.

Mark