RE: U.S. NRC Approves Westinghouse Risk-Informed, In-Service

I believe you're still confusing cancer incidence with cancer mortality.
Also, notwithstanding linearity low-dose arguments, if you otherwise accept
4% per person-Sv as the current risk estimate for fatal cancer in a working
population, then for a dose of 24.99 person-Sv, I would think that the
maximum-likelihood estimate for the number of fatal cancers would be one.
That is to say, for the above assumptions, the probability of 24.99
person-Sv causing one fatal cancer exceeds the probability of it causing
none.  Indeed, there is some non-zero probability that it will cause some
number greater than one.

Bruce Heinmiller CHP
heinmillerb@aecl.ca