From: Jean-Michel Mure [mailto:jm.mure@andra.fr]
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 1999 1:26 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Dose coefficients for unknown radionuclides

Dear Radsafers,

Setting up some new criteria for low level waste requires to determine the

 potential impact of these radionuclides : Ar39, Ar42, Kr81, Kr85, Nb91,

 Nb92, Gd150, Dy154, Ho163, Bi208, Po208, Po209, Es252. I cannot find the

 dose coefficients (external and internal exposure) of these radionuclides

 in the federal guidances 11 and 12.

Questions :

1. Why are these radionuclides not dealt with in the guidance ?

2. Are you aware of a reference where I could find these ?

3. Do you know if there is a way of calculating a dose coefficients for such

 radionuclides ?

4. Who shall I contact (ORNL) ?

Regards,

<bold><italic>Jean-Michel MURE

</italic></bold>French National Radwaste Management Agency

<bold><bigger>(ANDRA)

</bigger></bold>Safety Division

Security and Radiological Protection Department

Parc de la Croix Blanche

1-7, rue Jean Monnet

92290 CHATENAY MALABRY Cedex

FRANCE