meeting announcement

Meeting announcement!

Virginia Chapter of the Health Physics Society

When: Thursday, February 18th 1999
Social:  6:00PM
  Dinner:  7:00 PM
  Speaker:  8:00 PM

Where:  Double Tree Inn, Virginia Beach VA

Speaker:  Marion McDonald of Sandia National Laboratory
Dinner cost:  $16
Marion McDonald with the Sandia National Laboratory will speak about the
Sandia Medical Isotope Production Project.  In September 1996, the U.S.
Department of Energy selected the Annular Core Research Reactor (ACRR)
at Sandia National Laboratories in Albuquerque, New Mexico, to serve as
the production facility for the domestic source of the medical isotope
Mo-99.
Currently, the entire supply of molybdenum-99 in the United States is
produced in Canada by a solitary reactor that is near the end of its
operational life and scheduled to be shut down in the year 2000.  For
more insightful information begin surfing the World Wide Web at:
http://www.sandia.gov/E&E/acrr.htm

To make dinner/meeting reservations leave a voice mail  or send an
e-mail to:
? Carter Ficklen (757)269-7007  or email ficklen@jlab.org
Include in your message: 1) Name of each person attending, 2) Meal
choice (Chicken Cordon Bleu or beef).  RESERVATIONS BY FEB 12th, PLEASE.

Or you can contact
? Carlyle Gravely (757)380-2930  or email gravely_hc@nns.com

Directions to the Double Tree Inn
FROM THE NORTH
Take I-95 South to I-295 South to by-pass Richmond  Pick-up I-64 East.
Follow signs to Route 44 East.  Take Route 44 East to Exit #8 (Birdneck
Road).  Hotel is straight ahead

FROM THE SOUTH
Take I-84 to South Hill, VA pick up Route 58 East.  Follow signs for
I-64 East to Route 44 East.  Route 44 East to Exit #8 (Birdneck Road).
The hotel is straight ahead.

NOTE: Meeting should also be of significant interest to all Medical
Physicists!