From: Susan Gawarecki [mailto:loc@icx.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 1999 3:49 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Health effects of radiation exposure

I am interested in learning where I can find documentation of lack of
genetic and immune system effects from low doses (although I know
science cannot "disprove" anything), including internal doses of bone
seekers (including Sr90).  The local health activists are convinced
otherwise and loudly proclaim their opinions, and since it's out of my
field, I don't have the standing or expertise to contradict them.  I
want to be effective when I do present information--there is always the
risk of the "tar-baby effect" when dealing with such folks.

Please also define acronyms--I'm having trouble with ICRP & LNT in this
message.

Thanks in advance.

--Susan Gawarecki

--
Susan L. Gawarecki, Ph.D., Executive Director
Oak Ridge Reservation Local Oversight Committee, Inc.