RE: Radioactivity and Bad Press

They must have fixed that error - when I looked it was krypton.  However the
concept of containing a noble gas in a box - OPEN - is amusing enough. (I
know, I know; it was an open box of ampoules, or some such, but allow me my
momentary flight of fancy) :-)

Dave Neil
neildm@id.doe.gov

On Thursday, February 11, 1999 11:54 AM, Scott D Kniffin
[SMTP:Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Not only is it bad, but they invented a previously believed to be
fictional
> element:
>
> Look at the inspection reports. For colleges and hospitals, doors to
> research labs wide open, with radioactive materials being left accessible
> to anyone. At a private research lab, five open boxes of radioactive
> kryptonite were found unattended! Inspectors' notes say that people were
> being exposed.
>
> Kryptonite!  Run Superman, run!  I thought that kryptonite was only
harmful
<SNIP>