Respirator Fit Testing

Greetings:

At the Harris Nuclear Plant quantitative respirator fit testing is
performed using the PortaCount Plus. This instrument uses ambient air
particulate to perform the test and requires a minimum of 1,000
particles/cc. When particulate is below this level we light a candle to
achieve the required concentration. The use of an open flame has caused
some concern and we would like to know what other methods are being used
by other sites with this, or similar, equipment.

Thanks,

Ben

ben.morgan@cplc.com

I'm not an official spokesperson for CP&L.