Re:HP cert's, again.

Neal,
With all due respect, I just can't believe this last bit of ranting.  I am not
familiar with your previous job search experiences, but I can tell you that 5
years ago, fresh out of graduate school and with little relevant experience, it
took me 3 months beyond graduation to land an entry-level HP position.  And I
started looking 5 months before graduation.  My present company was the 48th to
receive my resume; it was, I believe, that perseverance that landed me where I
am now. I, too, have been eagerly awaiting the year that I can sit for Part II
of the ABHP exam (thankfully this is the year!) but I haven't been impatient
about it.  Rather, I have viewed these first few years as a wonderful
opportunity to sit and listen to many opinions and learn many things from those
who are more experienced than I. I believe that the ABHP framers, in their
wisdom and to their credit, made good decisions regarding the basic requirements
for certification.  I see a CHP certification as the next logical step in my
career path.

Bottom line? Work hard, and take one step at a time.  Every day is a learning
experience.
And let's drop this tired old thread, OK?

Elizabeth Algutifan,
Health Physicist
Weldon Spring Site Remedial Action Project
St. Charles, Missouri
Elizabeth_Algutifan@wssrap-host.wssrap.com