Subj: Re: newpaper classified ad -"Attack of the Killer Pumpkins!!"

In a message dated 2/18/99 9:06:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
akaram@safety.rochester.edu writes:

<< Found in an unidentified newspaper recently (and e-mailed to me).

 Notice: to person or persons who took the large pumpkin on highway 87 near
 southridge storage. Please return the pumpkin and be checked. Pumpkin may be
 radioactive. All other plants in vincinity are dead.

This has all the makings of a bad ["good"] grade D sci-fi movie.

Perhaps the pumpkin in question had massive radioactive contamination [TBq],
would mutate into a giant life form, and then Tera-rise the locals by
Squashing them as it rolled across the landscape. There was a scene much like
this in an old Woody Allen movie: "Everything you wanted to know about sex,
but were afraid to ask" where a giant female breast [??, I think] was crushing
everyone in its path as it rolled across the countryside.

S. Farber