RE: Proposed Rule on food irradiation

Bill,

It was unfortunate, as I understand it that in the late 1950s irradiation
was classified as an "additive" . This puts a huge burden on getting it
approved for use, unlike microwaving, frying, grilling, boiling and any
other "process" that comes along.

Maybe Gregg Claycamp can add some more information.

Mike Burba
Asst RSO
University of Cincinnati
Michael.Burba@uc.edu