RE: Treatment of Contaminated Personnel

In Goiania we work with very variable temperature, and often rainwater. The
IAEA document STI/PUB/815, 1988 has an annex which describes the  experience
on performance of dose rate and of  contamination monitors. The Health
Physiscs Special Issue - The Goiania Radiation Accident, Vol 60- 1, January
1991 has a Chapter on Instrumentation and Monitoring, page 77/80 " Guidance
for Selecting Nuclear Intrumentation Derived from Experience in the Goiania
Accident"
To cement the remnant source of Cs-137 I used the Teletector Rotem (Israel)
range 1,000 R/h.

J. J. Rozental
<josrozen@netmedia.net.il>
Israel