RE: Web-based CBT

Keith,  I have three health physics courses that I teach via CD-ROM for AS
and BS degree programs.  I tried to run them over the Internet but
downloading graphics and sound is just too slow for students.  So I use the
Internet as a resource for students.  Most of the course information is on
CDs and there are links in the program to the Internet .  Such links
include the federal regs., EPA pictures for waste sites, overhead pictures
of accelerators, and so on.  Doing anything over the Internet is time
consuming and risky.  Risk from the standpoint that if the serve is down
students get upset quickly, not all students have access to the Internet,
students do not like to tie up their phone lines, and also the download
time.  Just some thoughts.