Re: RadSafe Advertising

> Additionally, If there are to be restrictions on the people who practice
> health physics in the free market that are not placed on those who regulate
> those who do (the government), please remove me from this list server.

That action you must take yourself. But before you take that step,
understand that Radsafe is about discussing issues that affect the
members. But more importantly, it's a place for us to all come and
acquire information that would help us with whatever it is we need
help with. This is not a place to advertise, past, present or future.
That is the way it is run, and that is based on many factors, such
as the "courtesy" to UIUC, who provides us with this "free"
cyberspace. We are here as their guests. Advertising is one of the
"no-no's". Whether we agree, or disagree, that is what we accept
for being a member.

Now, if a member needs information that a commercial entity can
provide, then the entity can respond in private. I'm not sure why you
are so opposed to the policies of restricted advertisement. But
again, you have the right to subscribe, or not to. That is a choice
we all make. There are other listservers who do allow some form of
advertising, but not to the level I think you are recommending.

The majority don't want advertising. That says a lot. Even if we did,
it just isn't going to happen, not here anyway. Radsafe should not
be a vehicle for free advertising. If you service the health physics
community, there are many paid forums to advertise in. That is
also part of a democracy.

Last thought, we all pay taxes, and some of us actually have some
left over $$ when all is said and done!