Chandra

I was asked an interesting question [by one of our students] this week.  I
would like to see what response it would bring in this group.  The question
is :

If the earth is in the field of view for the new Chandra X-Ray Telescope (to
be launched soon) and there was an above ground nuc. test (recognizing the
unlikely nature of such an event these days) of roughly 50kt (fission type)
- - - how far away would this telescope need to be for the event to be
reliably (but barely) detectable ?

Doug J.