Re: Radon and Underground Mines -Reply

I'd like to add to what Tad points out below....

There is significant difference in the way radon is regarded in
commercial mining operations versus the Free Enterprise Mine (and
others like it) in Helena, Montana.

'Seems like a study of the patrons of the Free Enterprise Mine would
be a great Masters Thesis topic(s), perhaps investigating the radon
levels within the mine, the health histories of the patrons, morbidity,
relief of ailments, individual integrated exposures, age profiles, etc.

Whenever the positive results that the patrons of this mine see are
discussed, there is a general dismissal as an anomaly or a placebo
effect.  I think not.  And I think some controlled studies of this mine
would shed some welcomed light into the vast money black hole
that represents modern radon regulations.

The DOE is currently requesting proposals for low dose radiation
effects research.  Such studies would definitely fall into this
category.  Any interest?

Have a great weekend!
v/r
Michael
mford@pantex.com

>>> Tad Blanchard  wrote on Fri 5 Mar 99  14:30 >>>

Check the following web site for the Free Enterprise Mine for an item
5 note:

http://www.radonmine.com/

Here's a short quote from their page:

"Once called Radium Emanation, Radon (ionizing radiation)therapy
is also used as a preventive measure against today's fast paced and
stress related lifestyles.."

Tad  Blanchard......