Firefighting System in a Cyclotron Facility

Dear Radsafers:

We are planning to replace the halon gas firefighting system in our cyclotron,
radiopharmaceutical production and gamma irradiation facilities. The system is
old and it is now difficult to buy halon gas.

We need information on the best gas to use for firefighting and if there are
specific requirements for the above mentioned facilities.

Further, we would want to know what other similar facilities utilise for
firefighting.

We would appreciate if you could help us on this.

Thank you.

Abdalla Al-Haj, Ph.D.
e-mail: abdal@kfshrc.edu.sa