RE: Risk from a dental X-ray

When we taught bio effects at a Pennsylvania power plant, we used Colorado
as an example, too. We asked the class what their expectations were
regarding CO's cancer rate relative to the 8-day statistical shortening of
life from average background levels, since CO's is twice as high from
natural sources. After all the speculation, we let them know that CO's
cancer rate was half that of the rest of the country's average. Between 8:00
when we started fundamentals, and noon when we finished bio. effects, there
was a huge difference in perception. Of course they were motivated by
employment, but at least the concern was replaced by knowledge.

Just my opinion, of course. . . .
Jack