Tooth Fairy Project

Actor Alex blew it when he mentioned the Sr fallout studies in the 60's:

>If the Baby Teeth Study finds that the overall levels of radiation in
>our
>children's bodies are too high  and are therefore a possible contributor to
>our national cancer epidemic and other childhood diseases  then we will
>have
>the same kind of evidence that moved President John F. Kennedy to
>terminate
>above-ground testing of nuclear weapons in 1963, when a significant
>increase
>was found in strontium-90 levels in children's teeth.

Because, the health risk of slightly elevated Sr-90 was found to be
zero! The Richard Doll study in England could found no correlation
between cancer rates and weapons' fallout.  In the US, cancer rates
(other than lung) went DOWN, in the years after weapons' test fallout.

Joel I. Cehn, CHP
JCehn@att.net