Re: Tooth Fairy Project

One thing which always surprises me and sometimes amuses me is the
neglection of the most simple logic principles and facts.

There is not the least doubt that Sr-90 was by far more abundant in the
environment in the sixties (I am at home and have therefore no access to my
literature to give examples here). If now a very small rise in Sr-90 in
baby teeth in a limited area would cause a significant rise in childhood
cancer, then in the sixties practically no baby would have survived
anywhere in the world because of the much higher concentrations. Everybody
knows that they  s u r v i v e d .

A similar example: Many years ago there was a "scientist" (I forgot the
name), who claimed that emissions of small amounts of tritium from an
experimental reprocessing plant in Karlsruhe caused the forests around the
research center at Karlsruhe to die. It is well known, that in the sixties
tritium concentrations in air and precipitation were higher by orders of
magnitude than they are now. We still have trees.

If people had the same attitude on everyday matters, I and you can guess
what a psychiatrist would diagnose.

Franz
Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Hofrat Dr. Franz Schönhofer
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department of Radiochemistry
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
Austria