Re: Radwaste Forum (similar to Radsafe)

Sandy Perle wrote:

> The Rad Waste Distribution list (RADWASTE) is an electronic
> mailing list for the NUCLEAR WASTE BROKERS AND
> PROCESSORS ASSOCIATION, and others who have a
> professional interest in matters related to Radioctive Waste
> packaging, transportation, processing, and disposal. The list
> address is RADWASTE@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu, it is serviced by a
> UNIX listserver based at the University of Illinois at Urbana-
> Champaign, Division of Environmental Health and Safety. To
> subscribe and make all subscription changes on-line, please go to
> the following URL:
>
> http://listserv@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu:/cgi-bin/lwgate/RADWASTE
>
> Please consider becoming a member of this very important forum.

I would also like to throw in my support for the RADWASTE forum, as I
encourage formation of Internet mailing lists on specific
radiation-related topics to help ease the load on RADSAFE.

What Sandy didn't mention was that the Nuclear Waste Brokers and
Processors Association (NWBPA) provided the money for me to purchase the
server on which RADSAFE and RADWASTE currently reside.  The NWBPA's
generous gift allowed me to replace the old, overworked NeXTStation on
which RADSAFE used to run; it was experiencing major problems with its
SCSI drives, had far too little RAM and I was surprised that it kept
running for so long.  I cannot thank the NWBPA enough for their support.

The RADWASTE forum needs a "critical mass" of subscribers to get
conversations going.  If you have an interest in issues having to do
with radioactive waste, please consider subscribing.

--
Melissa Woo, Health Physicist <mailto:m-woo@uiuc.edu>
Div. of Environmental Health & Safety