Pocket Ion Chamber in EMF

We purchased a number of pocket dosimeters (ion chambers). They are for
measurements of 100 ns x-ray field with energy spectrum of 0-3 MeV. I was used
to the old models which were made out of aluminum (housing). The housing of
this new models are made from plastic which I assume it is a dielectric
material. I originally planned to insulate the pocket dosimeters by covering
with plastic wrap inside and Al foil outside and ground the Al foil to protect
them from EMP. The department does not want to provide grounding mechanism and
thinks the EMP will not effect the pocket dosimeters. My question is:
        1. Will a strong EM pulse, which will be present during x-ray
generation, effect the ion chamber's ability to measure 100 ns x-ray pulse?
        2. If so, what are protective measures? The x-ray field is very short
lived 100 ns and the energy range is 0-3 MeV spectrum.

I will appreciate your assistance. M. Jo
Myung Chul Jo, RSO
EH&S, Mail Stop 328
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, Nevada 89557