RE: Patient Excreta to the sewer

At this risk of sounding too obvious, perhaps because diapers would not
go to the sanitary sewer?  The exemption applies to "disposal by release
into sanitary sewerage", not to other solid waste forms like
contaminated diapers.  If you could potty train those babies a little
sooner you wouldn't have a problem.