Swedish TT etc: "New uranium mine in Australia criticized"

Radsafers,

The text below is a translation of a message that indirectly came from
the Swedish National News Agency "TT" March 18 (via an electronic
newsletter from the firm "Tomorrow Media" and "MiljoRapporten Direct").
I wonder if anyone has further details. (//....//) indicates my
comments.

Sincerely Yours,

bjorn_cedervall@hotmail.com
"New uranium mine in Australia

The American company Heathgate Resources has been licensed to begin with
the fourth uranium mine in Australia, TT writes. Environmentalists in
the country are upset over the decision, and "environmental protection
workers" (//unclear term//) are particularly worried because the company
plans to extract uranium with the help of chemicals in the groundwater
(//??!!//). According to a spokesman for the Australian nature
protection foundation, this method is not permitted in other western
countries. But the minister of the environment in Australia is of the
opinion that the plans of the mining company are environmentally safe,
as the groundwater already has enhanced levels of radioactivity."