I-129 Sources

Radsafers,
     We have a pair of I-129 plastic disk sources, 1 and 10
microcuries (uCi), which we have been using since 1989 to check the
functioning (not calibration) of our portable NaI scintillation
probes.  We would like to purchase a second set so as to be able to
send 2 people out in the field at the same time to do the
operations checks.  However, when we asked Isotope Products Labs,
they quoted us a price of $9,000 ($9K) and $900 ($0.9K)
respectively.  Whoa!  I have several questions of you all:
     1)  What has gone on in the world since 1989 to make I-129 so
costly ($900.00 per microcurie)?
     2)  Does anybody else sell I-129 disk sources in the $100
range (exact calibration is not a requirement, since these will be
only operational checks). 1 and 10 uCi.
     3)  Does anybody sell any other isotope with low-energy gammas
of around 40-100 KeV as disk sources in the $100 each range?
     4)  Does anybody want to buy a pair of I-129 disks 1 and 10
uCi for, say, half-price ($5,000)?  I will be more than willing to
sell my two for such a profit.  What a bargain!
William G. Nabor
University of California, Irvine
EH&S Office
Irvine, CA,  92697-2725