Lead Pig Disposal

Greetings:

I saw a presentation on this topic last Friday at the North Carolina Health
Physics Society meeting. Duke University is melting these pigs down and
recasting them into lead bricks which are then used for shielding.

They use a process which they set up in a fume hood using relatively
inexpensive equipment.

The presenter was Mike Pirrello who is now with Trimeris (sorry, I don't
have any contact information).

Ben

ben.morgan@cplc.com

I am not an official spokesperson for CP&L.