Re: Calibration Source

Mr. Gallagher,

Does the Cs-137 source discussed below have some type of lead shield with a
shutter type mechanism that can be opened when you want and kept closed
otherwise and possibly locked?  Can you manufacture such an apparatus?
Does the Cs-137 source have a certification for exact activity?  Another
words, is it NIST traceable?  Instead of 100 mCi can you manufacture a
source about 20 mCi or something between 20 and 100 mCi?

Thanks for your information.

Alan Watts
RSO
Ohio University