Re: Calibration Source

We purchased our gamma survey instrument calibrator from the Victoreen catalog.  The model 64-773 is manufactured by Amersham and has an activity up to 165 mCi.  It has a lockable shutter mechanism, one 0.25 attenuator and two 0.1 attenutators, which allows you to calibrate two points on 3 scales without having to move the meter. Also has a built-in tape measure.  It will calibrate up to 2 R/hr.  The 1994 catalog lists the price as $3,450.  I don't know if they are still selling them.

Ron Frick
Gamma Corporation
rfrick@gammacorp.com