Re: Moratorium on construction of nuclear power plants.

Gentlemen,

I have participated in your poll re: continuation of a moratorium on the
construction of new nuclear power plants. I am very puzzled, however,
about your implied assumption that there exists some kind of moratorium
on such construction. I know of no such moratorium;  by whom, when, and
where was such a condition declared or imposed? I have never heard of
such an imposition. Obviously, there have been no new plants built in
the US for years, but this result has been accomplished by anti-nuclear
groups who artificially have rendered such construction
non-cost/effective. These legal and similar obstructions have made the
cost of such electricity non-competitive and the economic risks
untenable. Regrettably, the environmental impact of such foolishness
continues to be quite negative.

I will appreciate learning something from you about a supposed
moratorium on the construction of new nuclear power plants.

Sincerely yours,
Maury Siskel             maury@webtexas.com
Ft. Worth, TX

--
It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves under the flag,
and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to