Re: Crooke's Radiometer

	Why is it called a "radiometer" if radiation is not involved? I
apologize for the explanation I gave based on radiation being the
controlling effect. I am quite sure I have seen a radiometer in which that
was the case; perhaps it was under vacuum. I don't remember it being
called a "Crookes" radiometer; that was about 50 years ago. It would be
interesting to pump the air out of a Crookes radiometer and see the
direction of rotation change as the air is removed.

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260