RE: Crooke's Radiometer

I can see how it is called a radiometer.  It does detect the presence of an
external field.  It's just that the movement is based more on thermal energy
rather than momentum and particle interaction.  Look at the fiber in a
pencil dosimeter, the primary movement is due to the static charge in the
pencil, the radiation is just the cause of the change in static charge.  I
think they're somewhat analogous.

glen

glen.vickers@ucm.com