Re: Crooke's Radiometer

>Maybe it is called a radiometer because (1) it responds to
>electromagnetic radiation in the form of light and especially >infrared
radiation, and (2) it was named before the discovery of >ionizing
radiation.

>Otto

If I remember right - Crookes (guess this is where the name came from)
was the constructor of the tubes that Roentgen used. The green light in
the tubes was discovered by someone else in 1859 (can't recall the name
at this moment - Darwin's year anyway).

bjorn_cedervall@hotmail.com