Moisture trap

We had a contaminated oil incident awhile back that caused us to be cited by
the NRC.  Part of our solution to this problem was to require researchers to
use a double trap (beakers) and a filter appropriate to the isotope to be
connected before the vacuum pump intake (the vacuum fixture on the bench or
in the fume hood).  For most isotopes, a membrane type filter works well,
you can find them in the Fisher catalog.  If you are using I-125, a charcoal
filter is the appropriate filter.  Lance Phillips works at your facility now
and is very familiar with this problem.  You should give him a call.

Patrick Muldoon, CHP