RE:Radiological Fume Hood Ventilation

I have seen numbers from 60 - 150 fpm, so I don't think you are going to
find a hard and fast rule.  We use an average of 125 fpm for our "high risk"
fume hoods where we perform iodinations, use volatile radioisotopes,  or
work with large quantities and 100 fpm for fume hoods where we use
radioactive materials that are not readily volatile.  Maybe you could
appease the researchers by using this "high risk" / "low risk" model.

Patrick Muldoon
VAMC San Francisco