Re: Laboratories Returning Dosimetry

While, I agree that researchers who willfully or repeatedly fail to comply
with dosimetry requirements should lose their rad material priveleges, I am
concerned about the use of training as a form of punishment.  This tends to
create a poor attitude toward all training.  Generally, the problem is not a
lack of knowledge or skills, so retraining is not needed.  If retraining is
given, you should clearly communicate to the individual that the training is
being required for a valid reason, not as part of a disciplinary process.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com