Re: Laboratories Returning Dosimetry

> While, I agree that researchers who willfully or repeatedly fail to comply
> with dosimetry requirements should lose their rad material priveleges, I am
> concerned about the use of training as a form of punishment.  This tends to
> create a poor attitude toward all training.  Generally, the problem is not a
> lack of knowledge or skills, so retraining is not needed.  If retraining is
> given, you should clearly communicate to the individual that the training is
> being required for a valid reason, not as part of a disciplinary process.

As Bill has stated, training is not punishment. I agree with that,
and my intent was not to use training as a punitive measure.
Training should be used to reinforce requirements, and to explain
why certain policies are in effect. Training should also be used to
inform the trainees of current information , since the last training
session, and to especially include "industry issues" and "Lessons
Learned."

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205