Re: Barnwell Proposal

	This proposal has been given to the committee only.  A similar
proposal was offered before and never made it out of committee.  This is
expected to die also.

	Wayne Gaul, CHP
	Radiation Safety Officer
	Chem-Nuclear Systems
	Barnwell, SC  29812

	(803) 541-5036

	From:	MVala@MVala on 04/15/99 10:05 AM CDT
	To:	Multiple recipients of
list@radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu@SMTP@Exchange
	cc:

	Subject:	Barnwell Proposal

	   Everyone -

	   We just received a copy of a proposed change to the Barnwell
surcharge (bill
	   #3869) that was introduced in the South Caroline House.
Basically the bill,
	   if passed, will change the surcharge from $235 per cubic foot to
$450 per
	   Curie for waste disposed at the Barnwell facility.  As I recall
the volume
	   Barnwell has been receiving is way down but the Curie content has
been
	   constant.  This will either raise a lot of money for South
Carolina or send
	   everyone to EviroCare.

	   You be sure to have a nice day!

	   Mike Vala