Re: RadDecay software

     Okay, so I'm just now wading thru the latest Radsafe Digest.  Ben
     Morgan correctly noted that Microskyshine and RadDecay won't run
     correctly if the computer is set to 1/1/2000.  Neither will
     Microshield.  I'd guess (don't have the source code to examine)
     that the code goes out to the computer to get a time/date for the
     header (or footer, I don't recall) so that you know exactly when
     you ran that particular analysis.  Apparently, the source code
     doesn't know what to do with the year 2000.  I've tested a number
     of other DOS based codes we still use, and all work okay.  Some,
     where the programmer had forethought, even correctly print the
     year as "2000", others simply as "00".  In any case, as Ben
     pointed out, before you get into trouble, conduct some tests, and
     for those of us in the power business, use the proper testing
     protocol and documentation if it's quality affecting software.
     Again, my opinion.

     Eric Goldin
     goldinem@songs.sce.com