Tracerlab R-12 Simulated P-32 Reference Source Set

Dear RadSafers:

We have recently discovered a Tracerlab R-12 Simulated P-32 Reference
Source Set in a laboratory being decommissioned. There is no
documentation with this source set, but it seems to be from the 1950's.
I have been told that Tracerlab is no longer active. Would anyone with
information about this source set be kind enough to respond?

I am looking into a variety of ways of calibrating 32P contamination
survey meters. Any helpful suggestions/hints? I am considering using a
90-Sr sealed source for efficiencies and calculating minimum detectable
activities (LODs) to establish that we can meet the contamination
criteria. This would be confirmed with known quantities of contamination

with 32P, as confirmed with liquid scintillation counting. Again, any
suggestions/criticisms?

Thanks for any help provided. Ray

Ray G. Ilson,
Radiation Protection Service,
Office of Environmental Health and Safety,
University of Toronto

Tel:    (416) 978-2374
Fax:    (416) 971-1361
e-mail:    raymond.ilson@utoronto.ca