Re: Beer as a chelating agent for uranium

Drew,

One of my professors at the University of Maryland told us this in class.
He worked with HEU and had to do this himself once.  Evidently you are
given a case of beer and told to drink it very, very fast.  His CO told him
he didn't expect to see him the next morning.  (I wonder why.)

I have absolutely no reason to doubt the veracity of his story.  Very cool
guy.

Scott Kniffin
RSO Unisys Federal Systems, Lanham, MD
CHO Radiation Effects Facility, GSFC, NASA
mailto:Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov

The opinions expressed here are my own. They do not necessarily represent
the views of Unisys or NASA.  This material has not been reviewed by my
manager or NASA.