From: David Kent <KENTDB@doe-md.gov>
To: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Sent: Monday, April 26, 1999 4:35 PM
Subject: Radiological Engineering Positions in Southern Ohio

> Babcock & Wilcox of Ohio has immediate openings for seven Radiological
Engineers at the Mound Facility (near Dayton, OH).  The Mound Facility which
is undergoing D&D, performed tritium processing and plutonium heat source
assembly for the U.S. Department of Energy.  Below are the duties and
requirements for the positions.  Salaries are commensurate with education
and experience level.  Interested individuals should contact Ted Quale at
Ph.# (937) 865-4256 or FAX# (937) 865-3144.

> Job Title: Radiological Engineer
> Function: Radiological Control Department
>
> Job Duties:
> * Ensure field compliance with 10 CFR 835 and radiological procedures.
> * Coordinate radiation protection coverage for all project activities and
provide communication link to Radiation Control Manager.
> * Ensure RCT*s receive training necessary to perform job functions in a
safe and effective manner.
> * Complete radiological work permits (RWPs) for all work activities
outlining personal air-monitoring requirements, PPE requirements,
contamination control monitoring requirements, and any special instructions
necessary for completion of the specific job.
> * Coordinate pre-job briefings for those tasks following a job-specific
RWP.
> * Interface with job foremen/project staff with respect to radiation
protection issues and provide guidance on best practices.
> * Schedule radiological control technician work activities and hours to
meet demands of project schedule..
> * Provide guidance on most appropriate decontamination methods given type
and magnitude of contamination (e.g., hydrochloric acid washing, pressure
washing, wet wipe-downs, HEPA vacuuming, etc).

> Education: Minimum M.S. in engineering, health physics, or related science
fields and 6 years direct relevant experience..

> Skills and Experience:
>
> * Minimum 8 years in the radiological control field.
>
> * Knowledge of radiological control requirements, policies, and practices.
>
> * Must be able to interface and coordinate with on-site Radiological
Control management, DOE/MEMP staff, project engineer, construction craft,
and Project Managers.