RE: Radiation has widespread effects on cell -Reply & U/

a related publication, a few months ago, available at  www.pnas.org
(abstract only, unless you are a subscriber)

Richard C. Miller, Gerhard Randers-Pehrson, Charles R. Geard, Eric J. Hall,
and David J. Brenner
     The oncogenic transforming potential of the passage of single
particles through mammalian cell nuclei
     PNAS 1999 96: 19-22.

r dee colvett
rdcolvett@tva.gov