RE: Beer as a chelating agent for uranium

At 09:48 PM 4/27/99 -0500, George Vargo wrote:
>The elimination of uranium through urine is enhanced with the use of
>bicarbonates.  Beer or any other carbonated beverage should achieve he
desired
>effect to varying degrees(as will Alka Seltzer - TM)

April 27, 1999
Davis, CA

I believe that the pH of the blood is maintained homeostatically within a
narrow range based on the carbonic acid from carbon dioxide generated from
normal tissue oxygenation and metabolism. There is little chance of
significantly altering the blood acidity by drinking carbonated beverages
because carbon dioxide exhalation will eliminate the excess. It would be
easier to lower the pH of the blood by holding your breath than by drinking
beer.

However, citric acid is not exhaled and is also has chelating properties,
so juices might have some effect.

Otto