Practical demonstration of a half-life

Dear Colleagues,

I am looking for a good way to demonstrate the notion of a
half-life to a group of staff who are not highly educated, and, in
many cases, are from a non-English speaking background.

All of the demonstrations I have previously used, or seen used,
have implied a reduction in volume as well as activity (even some
very good graphics).

With the usual budget constraints (i.e. no money), I need to find a
good inexpensive way to illustrate reduction in activity, but not
volume, with time.  Ideally, this demonstration would be very
physical, capable of being "run" by an untrained volunteer under
instruction.

Your suggestions/experiences will be welcome.  Please reply to me
at the email address below, unless you believe your response will
be of interest to the whole of Radsafe.  I'll summarise and post the
useful or informative responses.

Cheers,

Mark Hanlon,
Radiation Safety Officer,
The New Children's Hospital,
P.O. Box 3515,
PARRAMATTA, NSW, 2124
Australia

Phone  61 2 9845 3324        Fax  61 2 9845 0831

email   markh@nch.edu.au