Food Irradiation Editorial

     In the April 27 Rocky Mountain News (one of the two major Denver
     newspapers) there was a short editorial entitled "It's past time to
     irradiate." It was not a letter to the editor, but a News editorial,
     thus making it the "official" position of the News. The last paragraph
     states "People are getting sick on contaminated food. Some are dying.
     The government is morally culpable for standing in the way of a
     preventive. We have a technology that works. We need to use it."

     If anyone is interested in a copy of the entire editorial, I'd be glad
     to fax it.

     Steven D. Rima, CHP, CSP
     Manager, Health Physics and Industrial Hygiene
     MACTEC-ERS, LLC
     srima@doegjpo.com