Re: Radon Flux Monitoring Methods

We have developed all metal canisters that conform to specifications in
Method 115 that avoid most of the problems presented.  The canisters are
assembled, baked out, and placed in a zip lock bag.  They are removed from
the bag in the field, deployed, and then returned to the bag and sealed.  We
read them without removing them from the bag.  We have done comparitive
studies.  The NRC has approved their use for mill tailings sites.

Ken Baker
Environmental Restoration Group, Inc.
505-298-4224
ergkbaker@aol.com