RE: Radioactive Fossils

I may be way off base here, but I am wondering if it has anything to do
with the fact that coal is an "organic" rock made up of aromatic and
aliphatic compounds.  Perhaps it has something to do with its chemical
structure and physical makeup which is unlike other non-organic type rocks
such as granites and limestone?

Laurie Taylor
The University of Iowa
laurie-taylor@uiowa.edu