Neutron monitoring question

Dale Hankins (many eons ago) originated the 9"/3" ratio technique as a method for estimating the neutron spectrum hardness (softness?).  The Navy (i.e., the largest dosimetry processor in the U.S.) uses this method to provide corrections for their neutron badge calibration factor.

Question:  How common is the use of the technique, for either dosimetry or field quality estimates, used in the world?
This is of interest to a current working committee of the ICRU, so this is your chance to contribute to posterity.

Please reply directly to me.  I will summarize results for RADSAFE.
Disclaimer:  the above are the personal musings of the author, and do not represent any past, present, or future position of NIST, the U.S. government, or anyone else who might think that they are in a position of authority.
Lester Slaback, Jr.  [Lester.Slaback@NIST.GOV]
NBSR Health Physics
Center for Neutron Research
NIST