Re: Med. Procedure Disclosure

Discussion the patient is always advisable. The physician and staff
should go into as much detail as the individual desires. As far as a
patient not being aware that radioactive material is being injected
into them, I suspect the fact that they are in the "Nuclear Medicine
Department" should be an excellent clue! I am not referring to the
recent settlement or other studies in the past when an individual
was not informed. I am only addressing current facilities that
perform routine diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. From those
facilities that I am familiar with, the procedures were addressed
with the individual, and they were informed that they were being
injected with a radionuclide.

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205